Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poem: Not Today







Not today... 
I'm not gonna let you get me down,
There's no way you're gonna turn my frown upside down…

Today, I'm putting a smile on my face and I'm heading downtown.
Sometimes there's days that I just can't stand the silence
Or the wicked ambiance that you surround me with…
Not today,

Not today.
I'm not gonna let you get me down.
Yes, I may seem a bit independent
But I'm not turning in to someone who is half-spent…

This is my life…
There may come a time-that I have just one day…
You never know when it will end…
It's not always good to be all work and no play…

Cherish the time…
Not today am I going to live like I'm past my prime.

Today,
The sun is going to shine behind that cloud
And I'm gonna spread my smile all around…

Not today…will I cry.
******************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment