Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Soul Fight














Soul Fight

There's a heaviness that haunts 
my heart in the darkness
and a hand that grips my
soul in all of its fears.

I scream at its horrid pain
as I try to escape all
the madness that was kept locked inside.

You torture me into the night,
plaguing me with all of
the insecurities from the previous day
trying to hold me back
from that healing light,
that I so desperately seek to find.

Unsettling thoughts, bits of rage
and all of the stress
that secretly got let out of its cage,
are here alone with me
as it works its way into a fit,
trying to bind my tortured spirit.

Again, I scream in agony,
trying to release the wrenching pain
that has enveloped my frightened soul.

I seek for a higher power,
to rescue me from this
haunting and treacherous fight.

My heart is so heavy 
that it hurts,
decompressing my air,
that I can't breathe
from the poison that this
anger releases. 

Desperately, I look 
for the golden light
and a sense of lightness
to escape all the rage
from the darkness
that escaped from its cage.

Solace is what I seek,
Because this fit of fury
was only for the meek.

The heaviness of my heart,
is tearing my soul apart
as the darkness tries to find
a way inside
to all the secrets that I desperately
tried to hide. 

I pray to my glorious light,
for a way to victoriously fight

My soul screams for release
reaching its hand to the holy high
to its mighty creator
who reigns somewhere beyond the sky. 

Pulling from the darkness
and out from the heaviness in my heart,
I begin to put back the pieces
that the anger tried to tear apart.

The darkness may try to hold and break me
But my soul,
Will always be faithful
and glorious to Thee. 


-Ariana R. Cherry 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment