Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Soul Judgement

Soul Judgement

I sat, silent and still.
Vulnerable to your judgement.
My soul, open and naked for you to see.
I let you see it,
in all its purity.
You promised not to judge.

I sat, silent and still,...
while you gazed into 
the most infinite and precious
part of you me.

You promised not to judge.

I sat, silent and still,
tears sliding down my face,
But I stood brave 
in all of my faith...
You PROMISED NOT TO JUDGE.

I sat, silent and still.
listened to words that made no sense.
You talking of all things,
that I had unseen
or were past tense.

Here, my soul,
bare open for you.
This is what I get in return?
The least you could do is wipe 
away the tears on my face.
But you stand there,
allowing them to wipe away the grace
that I had.

I get up,
no longer silent and still.
I cover up my soul,
no longer there for you to see.

A gift,
taken with no thought
It shall be you who will be judged.
My soul can not be bought.

And now you,
one day,
will stand in judgement.

While I will be washing away the impurities
and trying to regain
my grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment